Now that the dust has settled on our hugely enjoyable and inspirational trip to Salone del Mobile in Milan, we have taken a minute to recap on the highlights of the exhibition and the trends we spotted coming down the line!
The Highlights from Salone del Mobile
What’s not to love about heading off to Milan for a late Spring trip, especially with a fabulous group of architects and interior designers! Difficult to narrow the list but here are some particular favourites:
- Immersing ourselves in the ultimate sensory experience with Dornbract‘s LifeSpa: the new frontier in wellness and health. We tried a 180-second Criosauna treatment (a sauna that operates at -160 °C thanks to the use of liquid nitrogen!), while the heat-seekers enjoyed steam rooms, chromotherapy rain showers, pool and Balneotherapy, which involves hot or cold water, massage through moving water, relaxation, or stimulation
- We enjoyed a first-hand look at Dornbracht’s Aquamoon multi-sensory shower launch, which is particularly minimalist by design, sitting flush to the ceiling and boosting mood through various flow modes and integrated lighting
- Thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality at the Effegibi exhibition, who epitomise the essence of ‘perfect wellness’, and their new Fitbox, which is a combination of a Hammam and a shower in a small but customisable space
- We can’t get enough of our Spanish tile partner, Apavisa, who introduced the new SLABS range of wall & floor tile. This is an ideal solution for commercial projects with anti-slip structured matte floor slabs +36 PTV and so many colour and size options for every space
Top tile trends
We spent a lot of our time exploring the bathrooms and tiles exhibitions, and really noticed some continuing and emerging new tile trends, including:
- Terrazzo tiles
- Glass block tiles
- Geometric and 3D geometric pattern tiles
- Large slab tiles in loud patterns
Enjoy perusing a selection of the pictures we took, and we will share more with you at next year’s Salone del Mobile 2019!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at +353 (0)46.902.9444 to discuss your next project or email firstname.lastname@example.org.